Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Highlight(s)
Hiyya there!
Just a quick hi from here (yeah yeah, I ‘m swamped~)
Sooo… I’m just gonna scribble my uttermost highlights in these days
My IBT TOEFL result is out! Yeah beibeh! Lol..
It quite haunted me for over 3 weeks..
The thing is, my English teacher told me that this new IBT comprises new adaptive system, meaning that it really measures the test taker’s English skill
Namely, I fail to answer the first three questions, subsequently it will alter its upcoming questions to suit my ability
And hence, there are quite a number of test takers thinking that they scored high, yet the result is contradictory
Oh yeah, and she told me that after I took the test <(o_O);;
I don’t fuss much about my reading and listening; I think I manage to perform well in those first two sections
And I don’t worry much about my writing either, in which I think I might prevail
But!
I do make a big deal out of my speaking..
It really, really was a big mess…
I assume I screwed up big time then
My English teacher never considers to give me any speaking drill since she thinks that it doesn’t quite represent one’s English ability
We are bound to lack speaking fluency since we live in a non-English-speaking country
The former PBT score ranges from 311 to 677
The new IBT maximum score for each section is 30, making the maximum overall score is 120
I score (ahem)
29 out of 30 for my reading
29 out of 30 for my listening
23 out of 30 for my speaking (no way!)
and 27 out of 30 for my writing *grinning ear to ear*
and that means I score 108 out of 120
Providing that, I score exactly 90%
Converting my IBT score to PBT score, I achieve
[90% x (677 -311) ] + 311 = 640.4 *whistling*
So, I guess my time and effort after all this time aren’t vain at all :)
Thank God
My other highlight this week is catching up with Grace, my former senior in St. Ursula
Hmm...
The thing about my senior(s) is, their insightful viewpoints never stop to awe me
-well, at least a few of them do-
Hope that one day I'll do too..
- Out -
|